Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Mittens and new projects

The mittens I knit to Kristiina found their way home today and in her blog you can find much better photos of these...

The mittens are knit with 3mm needles using two strings of Kamena, 100% wool. I got the inspiration from this pattern from Garnstudio. I did uite a few changes to the pattern, so there is barely anything left that is from the original instructions...

And I want t thank you all who tried to help me decide what to do next. I am still hesitating between the boatneck sweater and the Aran cardigan. So this is what I been thinking of: the boatneck sweater would be a perfect candidate for the yarndiet February, but I really would like to knit the aran cardigan as well... So I enrolled to FLAK - follow the Leader Aran Knit Along. The outcome will be an aran sweater or cardigan n your own measurements and with help of Janet (the leader) and bunch of fellowaran knitters... The instructions come in small pieces, like the mystery shawls, but this is not a mystery really as we know, at least in our heads, what the outcome will be... And the best art of this all is that I am convinced this will help me to understand how to design myself.

But what does the blogdog think of my plans?
Crap! She really is planning to start not just one, but many new projects and she has so not understood the importance of ME ME ME! Hey there IS a tennis ball just beside that awful ball made out of yarn - could you just PLEASE throw it to me, just once!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home